Chichester District Council has issued this media release.
East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester PO19 1TY
Date: Wednesday 19 March Ref: 3405
Register your local connection to Cocking
Households are being invited to register a local connection to Cocking for a new affordable housing development in the parish.
Chichester District Council and Hyde Martlet will be holding a Local Connection Registration Event on Monday 24 March at Cocking Village Hall, Bell Lane, Cocking, GU29 0HU. District and parish council staff, and Hyde Martlet representatives, will be available between 3-7pm to discuss the development.
Thirteen new affordable rented homes are being built at the former garage compound and land north of The Croft in Cocking. They will include:
- six two-bedroom flats;
- five two-bedroom houses;
- two three-bedroom houses.
The homes will be prioritised for households that are able to prove a Local Connection to the parish of Cocking.
A Local Connection is defined as:
- being a current Cocking resident (for at least 12 months); or
- being permanently employed within Cocking (for a minimum of 18 hours a week, for at least 12 months); or
- having a family member currently permanently living in Cocking (defined exclusively as parents, siblings or children; for a minimum of 5 years); or
- being a previous Cocking resident that has been forced to move away due to a lack of affordable housing.
Interested housing register applicants who feel they meet any of the Local Connection criteria must make sure the district council has all the relevant information to allocate the properties. Please bring along to the session, any evidence to support at least one of the Local Connections listed above. This will make sure that a bid for one of the properties is considered in line with the council’s allocation scheme and at the same time make sure your housing register application is up-to-date.
If you have any further queries, or are unable to make the appointed times, please contact the Housing Team's Customer Service Centre at Chichester District Council on 01243 534734.
For further information, please contact Jo Steele,
Public Relations Officer, on 01243 534679